Chris Cuomo is a television journalist who was born on 9 August 1970 in New York. Most people know Cuomo as the host of ‘Cuomo Prime Time’ which is a weeknight news broadcast TV channel. He was the lead reporter on breaking news stories in the United States and around the world, with dozens of assignments in 10 different nations.
Cuomo also served as the news anchor for “Good Morning America.” He previously hosted “20/20” on ABC from 2000 to 2013. As a journalist, Cuomo has covered many important stories, including Hurricane Katrina, the death of Osama bin Laden, and the Boston Marathon bombing.
In addition to his work as a journalist, Cuomo is also involved in politics; he was the advisor of New York Governor Andrew Cuomo who is the brother of Chris Cuomo.
Table of Contents
Christopher Charles Cuomo was born in New York City to Italian parents, Matilda and Mario Cuomo. He is the son of Mario Cuomo, who served as the Governor of New York from 1983 to 1994. His father became governor of New York when he was 12 years old. The family lived in Albany’s Governor’s Mansion.
Cuomo grew up with his four siblings, and his brother Andrew raised Chris when their father was away at business. His brother Andrew Cuomo became the 56th governor of New York.
Cuomo attended Immaculate Conception School and a university preparatory day school in New York at the same time. Cuomo graduated from Fordham University School of Law with a Juris Doctorate in 1995. After that, he attended Yale University and received his bachelor’s degree.
Chris married Cristina Greeven in 2001. Together they have three children: Bella Cuomo, Mario Cuomo, and Carolina Regina Cuomo. They live in Manhattan. Cuomo has a home in Southampton as well.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, Cuomo stated on March 31, 2020, that he had been diagnosed with COVID-19 and he was quarantined. During his quarantine, Cuomo transmitted his regular daily show from his home.
You can also check “How much is Morgan Wallen’s Net Worth“
Chris Cuomo has had a long and successful career in broadcast journalism. The early years of his life career were spent working at local stations. He began his career when he graduated from yale university.
- He worked as a correspondent for NBC’s Today show before moving to Fox News Channel, where he was co-host of the primetime program Hannity & Colmes.
- Later Cuomo moved to ABC News, where he served as a reporter on shows such as Primetime Thursday and 20/20.
- He was the news anchor for Good Morning America from September 2006 to December 2009.
- In 2009 he became co-anchor of 20/20 alongside Elizabeth Vargas.
- In 2013 he joined CNN where he currently hosts “Cuomo Prime Time.”
- In 2013 he won an Emmy Award for Outstanding Coverage of a Breaking News Story for his reporting on Hurricane Sandy.
- He received national attention when he engaged in a heated argument with conservative commentator Sean Hannity over gun control laws following the mass shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School.
Net worth of Chris Cuomo
Chris Cuomo has a net worth that is estimated to be $12 million. He earned his wealth as the co-host of ABC’s “Good Morning America” and as an anchor on CNN.
He joined Fox News Channel where he served as host for “Fox & Friends”. He moved over to ABC where he became co-host of ” Good Morning America “. In 2013, Cuomo left GMA for CNN to become their lead primetime anchor.
While working at different networks over the years, Cuomo has won several awards including three Emmy Awards and two Edward R Murrow Awards. As the years passed he worked too hard and get success.
Some controversies about Chris Cuomo are as follows:
- CNN has suspended Cuomo indefinitely. Cuomo described his suspension as “shameful,” but said that he understood “why certain people feel the way they do about what I did.”
- Cuomo is said to have taken part in strategic talks with his brother on how to respond to the charges. Cuomo’s participation in the talks was deemed “inappropriate” by CNN, although the network did not take any disciplinary action against him.
- In September 2021, a New York Times op-ed accused Chris Cuomo of sexual harassment. The co-editor of the op-ed was legendary talk show host and ex-boss of Chris Cuomo.
Cuomo is considered one of the most experienced journalists in American broadcasting today; he has won multiple awards including Emmys and Peabody during his time at both NBC News and ABC News alone!
His work ethic is highly respected by colleagues and viewers alike – no small feat when it comes to such a competitive field as broadcast journalism. To know about Tonny Sorensen, check out this right now!